Tuesday, August 7, 2012

My Pinterest Addiction

I'm a sucker for Pinterest.

I'll start by looking because I have some extra time, and before I know what's happened, someone has changed the time on my clock ahead an hour. It's the strangest thing.

But I do love it. It has so many beautiful photos and provides me with great ideas--especially ones that are teaching-related. I am SO excited to have my own classroom for a complete school year and have an opportunity to decorate, organize, and create. I love making things but never seem to have enough time for it...until this summer, that is!

I now present you with something I made for my classroom after months of gazing longingly on Pinterest photos of similar ones:


It's a crate seat! Isn't it cute? I picked the fabric to match the color scheme of my classroom: blue, green, purple, and pink. I made it out of plywood, foam, and fabric with a little help from my wonderful father :) It's actually meant to be a fun place to sit, but the cushion also pops off so I can store things inside--bonus storage space!

I haven't decided whether to put it in my reading area, around my kidney table (my original idea, before I was only able to make 4 instead of 6 due to running out of foam...that stuff is more expensive than you'd think!), or next to my rug to be used as special seating spots.  I'll make that decision once I'm actually in my classroom and can try it out (in just less than a week).

What do you think? :)

No comments: