Sunday, April 11, 2010

A new post! A new post!

I know, I'm so bad at blogging. It has been about 7 months since I last wrote a post on this blog. For some reason this weekend I got the urge to write again and change up my blog a bit. I really didn't like my blog title but couldn't come up with another one, so I changed it to this quote for now.

So what's happened in the last seven months? Well, a lot, but not many exciting things. Here are some highlights I can think of right now:

*I started my junior year of college. I can't believe I'm over halfway done now! I'm so glad. I enjoy learning, but I'm getting pretty tired of homework, essays, and reflections. I've been in school for the past 15 years and I'm ready to stop being a student and start being a teacher.

*I applied to be in the licensure track of the elementary education program. I should find out sometime next month whether I got in or not. If I get in, I'll get to student teach next year. If not, I'll just attend my senior classes, get my degree, and then apply for the MAT program. I'm really hoping to get in, but I trust that if I don't, God has some other plans.

*I decided to go on a trip with a group from my church this summer to Camp Barnabas, where I'll be a camp counselor for a week. The trip is in August...I can't believe it's sneaking up on me so quickly already! I'm also doing a fundraiser for it, though I hate selling things so I haven't done so well. I'm most likely just going to end up paying most of my way from money I earn from work. If you're curious about the fundraiser, you can check it out and buy golf balls online at www.mcffundraiser.com.
*Through the crumbling of some friendships, the Lord has taught me to put Him first and not invest so much of my heart into others who don't share a true committment to Him. Emotionally November to early March were really difficult, but God walked with me through it.

*I've been working, working, working. My job has undergone some significant changes in the past couple months, like a new director was hired and people I used to work with aren't working in my department and new people have taken those positions. I've had to really step up and take on the main teacher role a lot, which has been challenging but good for me. Even though I love the kids and enjoy the people I work with now, though, I've gotta say...I'm so ready to be a classroom teacher in a school.

That's about it. Exciting, eh?

1 comment:

BETHANY said...

Roses are red
I'm really hot
In a bummer day
This was a bright spot


Glad you're blogging again!