Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Wacky Wednesday

Ok, I know I said that Monday was nuts--but that was before today happened! Today at work we stayed at the center alllll day. Two people from a paint-your-own-pottery place came for a couple hours, so the kids did get to have fun with that. Then in the afternoon, I made blue and red jello with a group of kids, and they layered the jello with whipped cream to make patriotic parfaits. They turned out great! Another teacher also had them frost sugar cookies with red & blue frosting, so they were super sugared up (that's how we do it--sugar 'em up in the afternoon, take them outside to run and play [and sweat!], then return 'em to their parents a few hours later.) Speaking of being outside--I managed to get a lovely red & purple mark on my leg today. I was pitching for a boys' baseball game, and the first kid up to bat smacked the wiffle ball into my leg (it was an accident though.) You wouldn't think that a little puny plastic ball that has holes in it would hurt that made if it hit you, but let me be the one to say it most certainly DOES. And I have a red mark to prove it!

After work I helped out in the 3 and 4 year-old class at church. I am going to be teaching in a couple weeks, so I went to observe and get a feel for the way the class is run (I help out one Sunday per month in the kindergarten class, but Wednesday's service is different.) Tonight was CRAZY! There were probably 25 kids and 7 helpers, but the kids were really hyper and excited tonight. It was fun nonetheless, but I've gotta say that I'm exhausted now. What a long day!

1 comment:

BETHANY said...

I think we need a picture of your bruised leg. :)