Monday, July 20, 2009

Just a quickie post

Whew. What a day! Today we spent 6 hours at the waterslides with the kiddos at my work. It was a lot of fun (probably my favorite field trip of the summer), but I am exhausted now. Something about being outside alternating between being hot (while waiting in line for the slide) and then freezing (when you first get out of the water and it's windy) that just wears you out. But it was totally worth it. I also got to take a lunch break there (I didn't think I was going to get one at all), so I had time to lay in the shade by the lake and read for an hour...it was so nice!

Speaking of books, I've been re-reading the Diary of a Teenage Girl series by Melody Carlson the past week. I LOVE those books! So good. Although they are fictional novels, they have this way of challenging me and motivating me to examine my own heart and actions and change some things.

Well, that's it for tonight. More to come later, I'm sure.

No comments: